BOAT & WATERCRAFT INSURANCE
MAKE YOUR TIME ON THE WATER RELAXING AND WORRY-FREE
Rehm Insurance & Financial Services will find you comprehensive protection with boat insurance that protects you, your friends and family, your watercraft, and your boating equipment. The average boat costs less than a dollar a day to insure. You’ll enjoy being on the water even more when you aren’t worried about your safety, the safety of your passengers, or your investment.
Do you know what to look for in a boar or watercraft insurance policy? Rehm Insurance & Financial Services can help you determine the right amount of coverage for your specific needs. Just give us a call at 507.346.3366 to get started. Here are some items you’ll need to consider when shopping for boat insurance in Minnesota:
- Navigational Area: Know where you are covered in the water. Some companies, such as Safeco Insurance, offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline; into Canadian coastal or inland waters; and into Pacific coastal waters of Mexico.
- Agreed Value Coverage: Watercrafts depreciate like cars. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. This means that if your boat is a total loss, you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
- Liability: Like car insurance, personal liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as their medical care, lost wages, and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage will pay for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers and tubers, regardless of who is at-fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage: Physical damage coverage pays for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer, if it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury: Since boat coverage is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater, and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal: Should your boat sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance that it could leak oil or fuel in the water. As the boat’s owner, you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects: Your policy can provide coverage for personal effects, including clothing, cell phones, and other sporting equipment and fishing gear. Limits vary by state – check with Rehm Insurance & Financial Services for information.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage: This pays to repair or replace equipment that is not permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft, but is designed for use primarily on a boat. This includes items like life-saving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps, etc.
- Emergency Assistance: This provides coverage for towing, labor, delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disable while on the water.
Every need is unique – contact Reegan at Rehm Insurance & Financial Services directly at 507.345.3366 or email him at REEGAN@REHMINS.COM to find out how to get the best boat and watercraft insurance coverage for you.